3.8.16

LATEST CATS NEWS

On Friday morning when I woke up Mr. G. told me that Pookie had disappeared. He had looked in the whole house but couldn't find her. This was very unusual as Pookie since she is deaf doesn't go out anymore and with her 18 years she is rather careful. We checked again everywhere, even in the closets, but no Pookie. I feared the worst.

Then suddenly Mr. G. found her laying on the bark in front of the kitchen door. She lay on the side and didn't move. He touched her thinking she was dead, but she got up and walked like a drunken sailor into the kitchen and then hid behind the sofa. Her hind legs seemed to have no strength anymore. I called the vet and asked her to come it was 9 am. I even forgot to tell my name and address, but she had recognized me and came half an hour later.

And what happened ? Pookie appeared from behind the sofa, walked nearly normally and went to her food bowl where she started to eat ! She had resurrected ! I was ashamed that I had bothered the lady for nothing, but I couldn't know. She told me that I had well done, because she would have put her to sleep forever, because we didn't want Pookie to suffer and bother her with treatments at her age.

The vet did a check up, told us that she is still in good health, of course she has kidney problems, but for her age she is normal. The fact that she had lost balance and meows the whole morning are all signs of an old cat, just like old humans who also get strange with the age. We were so relieved ! I almost cried !



And here is Pookie after her check up, and probably wondered why we observed her the whole day.
At least a happy end for a while.



Rosie in full shape, brought two mice in my room, I walked on one in the dark when I went to the bathroom, but didn't realize what it was, only the next morning, I was disgusted and the second one I found later besides her food bowl. Can't she keep her prays outside instead of bringing them in my room to show me what a good cat she is ??



Mr. G. had bought himself an electronic cigarette. Arthur smelled on it and then rolled around. He is not yet addicted, and Mr. G. smokes only 3 cigarettes now and wants to stop. Apparently it helps. 



Today I am packing my suitcase, because tomorrow I am off to Eastbourne in England for 12 days, as I do each year. So Mr. G. can spoil his cats to his heart's content !



From Kim there is nothing special to report except that now, after 12 years she lives with us, sits now on Mr. G's lap and he is even allowed to comb her ! Miracles happen. When she sees me she runs away ! and it's mostly me who feed her !

"See you in two weeks !"

8 comments:

Hannah and Lucy said...

We hope you have a lovely break from the usual routine Gattina and we will purr for Pookie to remain in good health while you are relaxing in the UK.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm so glad that Pookie recovered from her spell! It's hard when kitties get older - at least for the humans.

meowmeowmans said...

How scary that incident with Pookie must have been. We are glad she is okay.

Have a nice trip, Gattina!

Kitties Blue said...

We are so happy Pookie is okay. What a scare you must have had. We will definitely keep her in our prayers. Have a safe and fun trip. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

pilch92 said...

That is very scary what happened to Pookie, I am so happy to read that she is OK. I will add her to my prayer list. Have a great trip.

Linens and Royals said...

Happy Holiday in the U.K. With MrG in charge of the cats I'm sure all will be well on your return.

Unknown said...

So happy to read that Pookie is ok. Hope he will feel much better and better!!
ben

looloo said...

"Renal insuffiency", in French "insuffisance rénale", we know! We lost our Biloute two weeks ago because of this, I am so sad, I miss him, it went so fast... It is the second cat we lost because of this "insuffisance rénale", and it is the second white and black cat "Felix - or Sylvester". We still have one white and black kitty, Frimousse, God spares her, I love her so much!

Smoochies to your kitties,
lulu